Thursday, June 24, 2010

Protect Your Pups!


I love my two dogs! They are my little bebes and I couldn't imagine how sad I'd feel knowing something I fed them, made them sick. Here's some information you should be aware of:
Natural Balance Pet Food, a Pacoima, California based manufacturer of natural and organic pet foods, is voluntarily recalling its Sweet Potato & Chicken Dry Dog Food because it may be contaminated with salmonella.

The affected products, sold in 5- and 28-lb. bags, have a “Best By” date of June 17, 2011.

Recalled products were distributed in pet specialty stores in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.

If you’ve purchased this product, return it to the store for a full refund. For additional information, call Natural Balance Pet Foods Customer Service at (800) 829-4493 (8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PDT).

Green moms should know that salmonella can infect humans as well as pets and that infected pets may appear to be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever and vomiting. You pet may only have decreased appetite, but other symptoms include fever and abdominal pain. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian as soon as possible.

Its important to always wash your hands after handling dog food, because if the food is tainted, the salmonella can be transferred to humans.

I often feed my dogs minced up pieces of chicken (that I cook for my family), steamed broccoli or rice, in addition to their dry dog food in attempt to support their diet with organic whenever possible.

We love our pets, they are a part of our family and we want to do what's best for them!

---------
On a different note, please visit my new website and sign up for my FREE newsletter-awesome tips, ideas and recipes for the healthy food lover in you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there!

New follower! Green mama too!

I would love if you would come and visit my blog and become a new follower :)

Have a great day!

Melanie
Going Green with Noah
www.jonathanandmelanie.blogspot.com

Come and grab my button :)

グリー said...

今年のクリスマスも後少しですね。グリー内でもクリスマスに備えて異性と交流を持つコミュニティが活発で、自分も今年のクリスマスにお陰で間に合いました!!みなさんもイブを一人で過ごさなくても良いように、グリーで異性をGETしよう

オークション said...

「オークションちゃんねる」は最新家電から高級ブランド、話題のゲーム機まで人気商品が最大99%オフで落札できる欧米で大人気のオークションサイトです!激安アイテムやまさかのレアアイテムなど掘り出し物を探してみてください!

童貞 said...

早く童貞を捨てたいと思っているあなたにピッタリのサイトが誕生!このサイトで長年守っていたあなたの童貞がついに奪われる!?あなたの童貞卒業を優しくサポートしちゃいます☆